Leighs Construction are a New Zealand owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and Communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and Antarctica we plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Site Supervisor to join our New Plymouth team to help drive forward the delivery of the regions most significant project, the Taranaki Base Hospital redevelopment!
An ideal candidate would hold a trade qualification in carpentry and have significant experience supervising the delivery of commercial construction projects with a view to support the Site and Project Managers in creating an efficient and safe working environment for all invested parties!
What we offer:
· Competitive salary package + bonus!
· Opportunity to work on the most significant project the region has to offer!
· Opportunity to upskill and progress experience to the next level!
· Day to day site supervision
· Provide clear direction to both labour and sub-contractors
· Actively work to mitigate health and safety risks
· Assist Site Manager in creating overall work program
· Assist with purchase order requirements
· Distribute materials to correct locations
· Report any quality issues or defective work
Skills & Experience
· Relevant trade & tertiary qualification
· Experience working on large scale vertical construction projects
· Strong working knowledge of NZ building requirements
· Solution focussed attitude with strong organisational and interpersonal skills
This is a great opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives our employees a real opportunity to develop their career experience and their character!
To find out more about this role or to discuss other vacancies feel free to contact our Recruitment Partner, Johnny O’Rourke on 0212081178 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, including drug and alcohol testing, and complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.
Apply by 10 Sep 2021
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled.Apply Now