Leighs Construction are a New Zealand owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and Communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and Antarctica we plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineer to join our Christchurch team and to provide general engineering-related assistance to project teams for the delivery of our projects. The role will generally be site-based.
What we offer:
- Inclusive & supportive team environment
- Opportunity to learn from industry-leading professionals
- A dynamic project portfolio
- Job security and a competitive salary package
- Assist project team with temporary works engineering calculations and methodology development.
- Assist site management team with project planning, programming, and related methodology.
- Help create & implement a quality assurance plan for engineering-related activities.
- Review shop drawings.
- Provide site surveying & set-out.
- Project reporting and assisting collation and completion of engineering-related project completion documentation.
- Assist & actively identify health & safety risks contributing to pursuing the elimination of harm.
Skills & Experience:
- Circa 3-years' experience working on related construction projects in New Zealand
- Computer literacy with experience with Cad, Revit, BIM, and analysis software preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of construction processes
- Strong problem solver with relationship focussed attitude
- Engineering-related skills for analysis, documentation reviews, and setting out on site
This is a rare opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives our employees a real opportunity to develop their career experience and their character!
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, including drug and alcohol testing, and complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.
Apply by 28 May 2021
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled.Apply Now