Project Commercial Lead
Leighs are a New Zealand owned and operated nationwide building company and for over 25 years, we have been proudly building in our cities and communities through industry-leading project delivery and construction. Over that time, we have gained a reputation for completing projects on time and to the highest standard, with integrity, dedication and a passion for delivering the very best for our clients.
Leighs' supportive company culture adds value to the service we offer, enabling our teams to produce work that our clients can be proud of, while also meeting our own high standards.
We are currently seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to lead the QS team of the Taranaki Base Hospital project in New Plymouth. The Commercial Manager will provide strong support, coaching and mentoring to the Taranaki QS team.
This is a fixed-term role, ending in 2024.
- Ensure vision, values, company strategy and performance expectations are clear and met by the QS team
- Managing financial performance, cash flow and construction project changes
- Control and management of project profit margins and maintaining positive cash flows
- Comprehensive project reports provided at project review
- Building and maintaining professional and reciprocal relationships with clients, sub-contractors, consultants and key stakeholders
Skills and experience required:
- Tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 10 years experience in a large construction/multi-project environment
- Proven experience in the successful delivery of complex and/or large scale projects
- Experience in a people management role essential
- Proven problem-solving ability and good decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous commercial construction experience is desirable
- Ability to build good rapport and relationships
Join Leighs and be a part of our proud, passionate and dedicated team. We offer excellent career development opportunities, competitive remuneration and a chance to be involved with unique, interesting and exciting commercial construction projects.
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check including drug and alcohol testing and to complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.
Apply by 14 May 2021
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled.Apply Now