Health & Safety Advisor
Leighs Construction are a New Zealand owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and Communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and Antarctica we plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
Due to continued growth in the region We have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Advisor to join our Christchurch team with a view to champion safety practices across our projects and create a safe and efficient working environment for everyone!
- Monitor and review safety performance of projects
- Develop appropriate tools and preventative schedules to assist in identification of accident/injury trend analysis
- Ensure work place and risk assessments are undertaken regularly
- Audits undertaken as require
- Work with managers to ensure Health and Safety is built into business as usual processes
- Work with managers to ensure relevant paperwork is completed and information recorded electronically, including for: accidents, incidents, near misses, investigations, hazards and hazard management
- Ensure all reported occurrences are investigated, root causes identified and conclusions obtained and notified to WorkSafe within the required timeframes
Skills & Experience
- Circa 5+ years’ experience as a HS Advisor preferably in commercial construction, mining, oil and gas or other related industry
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, HSE databases, and Contractor HSE Management Systems
- Practical experience in HSE Management programme and principles
- Tertiary level health and safety qualification preferred
This is a great opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives our employees a real opportunity to develop their career experience and their character!
To find out more about this role or to discuss other vacancies feel free to contact our Internal Recruitment Partner, Johnny O’Rourke on 0212081178 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, including drug and alcohol testing, and complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.
Apply by 12 Aug 2021
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled.Apply Now