Health & Safety Coordinator
Leighs Construction are a New Zealand owned and operated company that has been providing high-quality outcomes for our clients, staff, and Communities for over 25 years, boasting an inclusive company culture and an iconic project portfolio throughout NZ, the wider Pacific, and Antarctica we plan on leaving a lasting legacy of innovative, safe structures for future generations to come.
Due to continued growth in the region, We have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Safety Coordinator to join our Christchurch team with a view to partner with our Sub-contractors to create a safe working environment for all project staff & stakeholders!
- Ensure the company’s HSE systems and databases are maintained and up to date.
- Promote safe workplace practices and injury prevention activities, ensuring employees follow correct HSE procedures
- Support the Health and Safety team with the ongoing development, implementation and effectiveness of the company’s HSE programme
- Assist with compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support the Health and Safety team
- Collate the results and follow up on non-conformances from internal and external audits
Skills & Experience
- 1-2 years HSE coordination experience preferably in commercial construction, mining, oil and gas or other related industry
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements, HSE databases, and Contractor HSE Management Systems
- Practical experience in HSE Management programme and principles
- Tertiary level health and safety qualification preferred
This is a rare opportunity to join a proud, passionate, and dedicated team within a stable business that values work/life balance and gives our employees a real opportunity to develop their career experience and their character!
To find out more about this role or to discuss other vacancies feel free to contact our Internal Recruitment Consultant, Johnny O’Rourke on 0212081178 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Leighs are running a comprehensive recruitment process for this position. No candidates presented through an agency will be considered at this time.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. We also require all employees to complete a pre-employment medical check, including drug and alcohol testing, and complete a criminal history check with the Ministry of Justice.
Apply by 11 Aug 2021
Job will be taken down when vacancy is filled.Apply Now