Find out more
An apprenticeship combines practical training in the industry with study. As an Apprentice Carpenter, you’ll work alongside experienced staff to gain the skills and experience you need to support your study. Your apprenticeship is complete once you gain a Level 4 Certificate in Carpentry.
• A passion for construction
• A desire for practical / hands on work experience
• A commitment to the apprenticeship programme
• To complete your apprenticeship in 3 – 4 years
• Be a good company representative
• Attend classes as required
• Develop your tool key and maintain your work diary
• Paid employment during and after your apprenticeship
• Mentors to assist with your training and development
• Monthly meetings with mentors and management
• Pay reviews based on completion of unit standards
Your training provider has a key role to play in providing off-the-job training, assessing your progress towards achieving your qualifications and supporting you during your apprenticeship. We work closely with your training provider to ensure you continue to reach the standards required to achieve your qualifications.